Welcome

Welcome to my Blog, I hope you enjoy reading my little stories :)

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Are we addicted to technology??

Facebook, Twitter, MSN are just the names of the social networking sites that I am slightly addicted to. But I have noticed that there are millions of fellow technology devotees out there. There seems to be a need to share information with others such as "whats on our mind" and waiting in anticipation to see what our "friends" and followers have got to say about it. It is getting to the stage, where the first thing we do in the morning is to reach over grab the laptop and see whats going on in the "news"!! 


It not just the social networking, its a rare site to see people without their mobile phones stuck to their hand. Which really does pose the question, are we addicted to technology?


In my E-business class, I was asked to do a forty eight hour technology fast, I was very excited to see if I could actually even do it. Shockingly enough, no I couldn't, I lasted a mere few hours, due to the fact I lost my phone, so I did pretty well in terms of the internet, but had to give in eventually. I personally think we are dependent so much on technology, for work, college and of course updating our Facebook, blogs etc. 






I found this picture and I thought it was funny and scary at the same time, because it it a fact that the age of getting your first phones is getting younger and younger. This shows again how much we are dependent on technology if we are providing youngsters with mobile phones. Not only are children using mobile phones, they too are on social networking sites, which is making them very vulnerable to predators out there. 


Although there are downsides to technology, at the end of the day technology is the way forward, we all use some form of technology every day. For example my daily routine would include the use of my phone, ipod, laptop.



No comments:

Post a Comment