Welcome

Welcome to my Blog, I hope you enjoy reading my little stories :)

Friday, November 19, 2010

Im Irish "Get Me Out Of Here"

    


Right so, is it just me or is it becoming just a little bit embarrassing to be Irish these days?? Our Economy is in tatters and watching the news has become a chore.Its almost a sense of deja vu for Ireland, as the young people of Ireland are leaving to foreign shores again. Its not just America this time, they are flocking to Australia and Canada basically anywhere they can get a job. Recent statistics have shown that up to 200,000 people will leave Ireland over the next five years, which is huge amount considering we are only a small country.

When I was younger I was told by my parents if you want to get a good job go to college, but apparently thats not the case anymore. It has become difficult, even for the people out there with that piece of paper saying that they have a degree.I personally know students who have slaved away for three to four years in college, to end up working in the likes of Mc Donald's and Spar. Now dont get me wrong there is nothing wrong with working in places like these, at the end of the day a job is a job especially in these difficult times. But I know personally I do not want all my hard work to be wasted. Thats the biggest annoyance of  all, there are hundreds of highly educated young people in Ireland and they are not being utilized  to their fullest potential. I just hope im not one of them!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCkOmcIl79s

"I work all night, I work all day, to pay the bills I have to pay 
Ain't it sad 
And still there never seems to be a single penny left for me 
That's too bad 
In my dreams I have a plan 
If I got me a wealthy man 
I wouldn't have to work at all, I'd fool around and have a ball 

Money, money, money 
Must be funny 
In the rich man's world 
Money, money, money 
Always sunny 
In the rich man's world 
Aha-ahaaa 
All the things I could do 
If I had a little money 
It's a rich man's world "


Abba really knew what they were talking about didn't they....think it sums our Government up. Just like our fashion trends of the 80's have repeated themselves so has our economic situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment